Monday, July 18, 2011

Doin' some fancy math

For those of you that know me closely, you know I'm all about two things: integrity and transparency. They're very related, but for this moment, I'm gonna focus on transparency.

In the interest of being transparent, I will say that it is fundraising time again, and in a hardcore way. The truth of the matter is, travel funds are not that large. They don't necessarily cover all travel, and most of the time, I have to do a fancy-dance combining several types of airlines and buses and the helpfulness of friends to get somewhere.

I've finally really figured out what the rest of my title-year looks like in terms of travel, and essentially, by the mid-October my travel fund is gone. That is, if I do all the events I've been asked to do--which I want to because that's the point, yeah? ::grin::

I spent a good chunk of today figuring out what some of my more significant trips would potentially cost. This is coupled with the fact that I also realized that a lot of my more non-northeast travel happens later in my title year, making it so the more expensive trips are post travel funding. Does all this make sense?

Additionally, it was real nice to be able to hand a check for $100 to the Women's Leather History Project within my first month, and I wasn't able to do the same for the month of June. I'd like to change that!

My goal is to raise another $500 by August 1. I think this is do-able, and then I can cut the WLHP another check, and not go broke this year! Whatcha think, y'all?

There are several ways to donate to my travel fund:

1. If you want to get a piece of art out of the deal, you can order a print here: Society6: Katie Diamond Any art prints related to leather or boots or sexuality have a note that 20% of those proceeds go to the WLHP. And the rest will go to my travel fund!

2. You can click here to donate directly to me via PayPal:







3. You can sit in my chair when I bootblack at an event!


Thanks a million, folks. Any questions can be directed to me here or via my email: imsbb2011@imsl.org

No comments:

Post a Comment